- SPRING IS ENCROACHING WITH A JANUARY THAW AND CABIN FEVER HERE.2 NIGHT'S FOR THE PRICE OF 1. VALENTINE'S DAY IN FEBRUARY WILL ENTICE THE FORSYTHIA TO BLOOM.CELEBRATE ST. PATRICK'S DAY AND THE RETURN OF DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME.WATCH FOR OUR NEW PLANTING OF BULBS(TULIPS, TREE LILIES, FOXTAIL LILIES} AND THE SPROUTING OF LAST YEARS EXOTIC PUMPKINS FOR A NEW FALL AT THE CHATELAINE.
- The Chatelaine is For Sale after 30 years serving you. The Innkeeper is 88 and daughter, Amanda, does not want to continue as "Keeper of the Keys."
WANNABEES, TAKE NOTICE!!!
- A MONTH OF SUNDAY BREAKFAST MAIN DISHES,
Croissant French Toast Farci
Cheese Strata with Salsa and Rio Mixed Grill
Blue-Flower Omelet and Amish Bacon when the chives are in bloom
Mushroom Timbales with Canadian Bacon
Crepes with Florentine Sauce
Santa Fe Strata with Avocados and Black Beans
Breakfast Kabobs with Pilaf
Nannie's Scrapple with Amish Bacon and Blue Moon Maple Syrup
Creamed Chipped Beef Aunt Philamine from a Canadian Aunt
Omelet Cambarceres with Proscuitto
Swiss Omelet Roll with Fried Green Tomatoes
Spinach Gateau and Smithfield Ham
Corned Beef Hash with Hollandaise and Poached Eggs
Tortilla Espanola with Chorizo and Potatoes
Kedgeree with Tomatoes (fish and rice)
Welsh Rarebit on Crumpets (the "grub" that makes the "butter-fly".)
Cheese Fondue with Ragged Dunkin' Bread
Coulibiac with Broiled Tomatoes
Burnt Cabins Buckwheat Pancakes with Jane Schwab's Cider Sauce
Lox and Bagels with Cream Cheese and Vidalias
Steel-Cut Oatmeal in covered crocks with Demerrara Sugar
Dutch Babies with Fresh Fruit Filling
Blintzes, Sara Songer's way
Ausschnitt und Kaese, German coldcuts a la Cheryl Bohn
Frittata Variations a la the Reynolds' Mansion
Quail on Polenta with Pomegranate Seeds for Christmas Morning
Huevos Rancheros with Sopapillas and Honey
Omelet Chatelaine (chatelaine denotes Chestnuts)
Life Omelet with Croutons, Walnuts, and Red Caviar.
- Time to plan your wedding at the Chatelaine. Up to 200 guests on our tented lawn with services on the Patio/Gazebo. Powder Rooms in the Carriage House with added shelter for up to 49. The Caterers' kitchen with space for buffet, Bridal dressing with feminine views in our special mirror. B&B space in the Inn itself for up to 13. Overflow parking on the adjacent church grounds.
- THE ROSEBOWL WAS A HEARTBREAKER. SO CLOSE TO VICTORY UNTIL THOSE LAST MOMENTS!!!THANK YOU LIONS, YOU HAVE BEEN WONDERFUL.